Mini Status

-= Rover Mini 1989 =- | -= Mini Progress (pictures) =- | -= Mini Ideas =-

06/12/16

I am dusty …… I have used about 1 kg. of plaster into the front and bonnet of the car and polished most of it away to get the look that I want. I am so close, I have used filler to get a better look of where the small scratches are and at the moment the car is standing with the last small plaster spots drying up.


05/12/16

The engine is ready, all renovated (pile of new parts), the gearbox and clutch as well, it is being stored under a blanket since I am assembling the front back on. I decided to go for no bumpers look and fitting a new grill in the process. That means a lot of plastering and filler and polishing and ……….. to get it to look nice.

I am expecting more parts from eBay, and I hope they will arrive before Christmas.


20/11/16

I managed to get the engine out with everything (exhaust and sub frame) without damaging anything….. good job.
So I started cutting and welding into all the problems I could find in the font area. Next is to take the engine and clean it up and since I’m at it I may as well clean the carbs at the same time.


19/11/16

Today I have a small hangover but I will survive since I will be spending the day in my newly isolated garage.

The engine is going out today, with sub frame and everything along with it. I have cut the grill and the front by the lower line since that will be replaced (rust).